A Few Quick Atkins Diet Tips:
Eat 3 meals with 2 snacks.
- Mini meals aren’t just unnecessary while on Atkins but may actually cause you to unintentionally consume more calories than you need. Because Atkins is a high protein diet it should naturally stave off hunger.
Consider a Multivitamin.
- The Atkins diet, especially during the first two weeks, is very light on nutritious fruit and vegetables. Make sure you’re not missing out on essential nutrients by taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement. Some vitamins and minerals really can make a difference in healthy weight loss and metabolism, especially B-vitamins and vitamin-D. Others, such as calcium and chromium may not help us lose weight as some recent headlines have suggested. For more information: Essential vitamins and minerals for weight loss.
Drink Plenty of Water.
Water can help you lose weight, and the Atkins guidelines call for at least 8 glasses each day. If you don’t like it plain, try naturally flavoring your own water.
Consider a Fiber Supplement.
- Because of the lack of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains, the Atkins diet plan is lower in fiber. This can cause unpleasant digestive problems such as irregularity. Adding a fiber supplement is an easy solution that won’t add extra calories. Fiber supplements are much smoother than they used to be and some brands, such as benefiber, have no flavor and can actually be added to foods. Low-fat, high-fiber cappuccino recipe using benefiber.
- Increasing physical activity is the best way to give your metabolism a boost and melt body fat. The Atkins diet provides plenty of protein to not only maintain muscle, but also enough to build more lean muscle.
- If you don’t enjoy going to the gym, consider simple changes you can make to your daily lifestyle to increase activity, like taking a brisk walk in the evening or cooking meals at home to burn a few extra calories. Just by standing you naturally activate lipase - a fat burning hormone.
- You can also check out different 15 minute exercise routines that can be done at home, or find a workout video. We enjoy the Dancing With the Stars, The Biggest Loser Workout , and Musical Time Warp DVDs.
- If you combine physical activity with the Atkins diet plan, you’ll lose weight and end up with a lean toned body that you can be especially proud of. By making exercise a part of your life, you’ll also be well on your way to long-term, maintainable weight loss.
|12 Steps To a Complete Body Detox – A Natural Path To Superior Health: click here|