Enjoy ruby red grapefruit with breakfast, lunch and dinner and you’ll lose body fat, while strengthening your immune system for the blustery days ahead. Pectin, a soluble fiber in the ruby red grapefruit helps reduce the amount of calories stored as fat by improving the body’s ability to metabolize sugar. In addition pectin curbs your appetite to eat less.
Fruit that contain high levels of pectin: Ripe Citrus Fruit: Lemon, Lime, Oranges, and Grapefruit.
Grapefruit Diet Suggestions:
- Cut ruby red grapefruit in half. Loosen wedges with knife
- Serve with or without sugar
- Add red grapefruit slices to dark green lettuce
- Add 1 cup of raspberries
- Mix 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil with 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- Add it to your salad; toss to combine
Recipe Source: First Magazine, Jan. 14, 2008
Do you have a weight loss story? Contact Lisa from FIRST Magazine
Enjoy your grapefruit, but just a little word of caution: If you take medication, you should consult your physician first before adding grapefruit to your diet.