Firefox is a popular web browser, but few users realize that there are actually thousands of extensions that can be used to enhance your web experience. Yes, there are even extensions you can download – for free – to help you track your health, plan your diet, and stay fit. Here are seven Firefox extension for health-conscious web surfers:
- Calorie Count Toolbar: Not only does this toolbar let you quickly search for calorie and nutrition information about certain foods, but you can also keep track of how many calories you consume using the Eat Meter.
- Food and Calorie Finder: This extension highlights foods on any page you visit and gives you information about that food’s fat content, Weight Watchers points, and more.
- Good Guide: If you want to shop in a healthy, green manner, GoodGuide.com’s extension is for you. With this search plugin, you can find products for your home that are safe and great for your body.
- HealthVisit Search Engine:
- GoCook Search Engine:
- Bodybuilding.com Toolbar:
- FDA Search:
HealthVisit compiles information about diseases, disorders, and other medical conditions from reputable websites like the CDC and WebMD. The extension allows you to type in your health question, and it shows you the best possible results from all the websites.
Not sure what healthy meal to make for dinner tonight? The GoCook Search Engine extension can help you search thousands of recipes so that you aren’t tempted to order pizza or pick up fast food.
This Firefox extension helps you create a personalized workout, track your weight loss and muscle gain, and even meet other people who are also trying to get healthy.
With the FDA Search extension, you can search information about drug recalls, clinical trials, and other government-related health issues.
More Firefox extensions are being created every day, so check Mozilla’s site often. These extensions can save you time and more, making it easier to plan your diet and live a healthy life.
|Allison Boyer is a freelance writer and covers topics such as ultrasound technician schools and medical careers, health care topics, and more.|