Dietivity Review of Mighty Leaf Hand-Crafted Artisan Dessert Teas.
Over countless generations, teas of all varieties have been enjoyed for every reason under the sun, from medicinal purposes (such as easing digestive problems and cleansing the liver), to the sheer pleasure of taste and as part of tradition. In our modern and often hectic lives, the simple act of brewing a cup of tea has now found its place as part of a healthy lifestyle and is also appreciated by many of us as an easy way to support healthy weight loss.
Annelies from Mighty Leaf Tea sent me a sampler of Mighty Leafs Truffle Dessert Teas to review. All loose teas came with their own pouches which made brewing them simple and easy. Actually trying them came as an even greater surprise. I never thought that anything low-calorie and brewed in a mug could possibly live up to the term “dessert”. Though they will never replace cheesecake, dessert teas are just what the name implies: a healthy, rich, flavorful treat to savor without guilt!
Mighty Leafs Truffle Dessert Teas:
This collection of dessert teas combine Madagascar vanilla, chocolate cacao, and either mint or fruit, such as orange peel and pears, for the warm, rich flavor of chocolate truffles.
Favorite Choice: Masala Chocolate Truffle
- Caffeine-free tea, though chocolate bits do contain some caffeine.
- Herbal tea, containing chocolate chips, pepper, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and fruit.
The Masala Chocolate Truffle, by far, my favorite of all the dessert teas. It’s not only rich and chocolaty in flavor, but also zesty and adventurous with the added warmth of ginger and hot pepper. I found it surprising how pepper can actually complement chocolate without setting my mouth on fire. In fact, this tea tastes a lot like a very good Chai brew but without the extra calories. It’s perfect for those of us on a calorie restricted diet to enjoy as a light dessert or to curb the sweet tooth in between meals.
Chocolate Mint Truffle
- Rooibos tea flavored with mint and chocolate cacao nibs.
Flavor is lighter than in the other truffle teas with just a touch of mint. Although I normally love the complementary tastes of mint and chocolate, this was my least favorite of all the samples. I find the mint-flavor a little too weak, although some people may prefer it better that way.
Chocolate Orange Truffle
- Contains Caffeine (black tea)
- Ceylon and China black tea combined with Madagascar vanilla, chocolate cacao nibs and orange peels.
I really liked this tea and found the citrus flavor to be just right. I recommend enjoying it with a small piece of dark chocolate for a treat in the evening- much healthier than that slice of chocolate cake!
Mocha Pu-erh Truffle
- Contains Caffeine
- Pu-erh tea, combined with cacao nibs and orange peel.
This tea has a citrusy-chocolaty note that peeks delightfully out of the Pu-erh tea’s dominantly earthy flavor. Pu-erh also aids in digestion, so this dessert tea would be perfect after a hearty lunch or dinner without adding extra calories to your meal.
Pear Caramel Truffle
- Contains Caffeine (black tea).
- Ceylon and China black tea combined with Washington state pears, bits of caramel and chocolate chips. (contains milk and soy)
Like the Masala Chocolate Truffle, this tea qualifies as a dessert tea. First the taste of pears, then creamy caramel follows to warm the palate. Perhaps not as chocolaty in flavor, yet still a delicious tea that definitely deserves to be part of a healthy weight loss plan.
Buy tea online: Mighty Leaf Tea
Latest posts by Dee Wilson(see all)
- Eating And Exercise Plan: And You Can Have Your Carbs Too… – June 17
- Is Chris Powell’s “Choose To Lose” Your Answer To Weight Loss? – June 1
- Add Onion To Chocolate And Your Friends Will Want You To Try It… – May 9
- Run Out Of Comfort Foods? Forget Feeling Blue… – April 5
- Joe Weider Wasn’t Born To Be A Bodybuilder – March 24
- How Carbohydrates Are Broken Down For Energy – March 22
- What Is Sugar? Breaking Down The Sweet Stuff… – March 22
- How To Tone Your Body After Valentine’s Day? – February 14
- Three Diet Books: Easy Steps To Feel Fabulous Quickly… – February 7
- Colonix Review: A Better Alternative To Colonic Hydrotherapy? – January 27