When thinking of weight loss a liver cleanse plan probably doesn’t come to mind as easily as diet or exercise. Yet, it should. Our liver is the largest glandular organ in the body and may very well hold the key to losing body fat fast.
First let’s get a brief idea of how the liver functions. Before nutrients (and contaminants) from digested food enter circulation throughout the rest of the body, they must first enter the liver via the portal vein. In the liver, the portal vein eventually branches out into smaller and smaller vessel that eventually end up branching into tiny capillaries leading into lobules.
The lobules are lined with hepatic cells (liver cells) and are considered metabolic, since they assimilate carbohydrates, fats and proteins… To help understand how nutrient rich food interacts with the liver to help you lose weight faster, here is a short overview of the tasks that are performed by these cells:
- Convert glucose into glycogen for storage
- Reconvert glycogen into glucose for energy on demand
- Regulate blood glucose
- Turn digested fats to fatty acids
- Fatty acids synthesize cholesterol
- Convert excess carbohydrates into fat
- Convert excess proteins into fat
- Turn digested proteins in to amino acids
- Convert amino acids partly to glycogen
- Produces urea when protein breaks down
- Urea removes toxic ammonia from body fluids
- Synthesizes nonessential amino acids from amino acids
- Filters toxic substances from blood (phagocytic cells)
- Manufactures plasma proteins
- Manufactures blood clotting substances
- Manufactures and secretes bile
- Stores vitamins, including A, D, K, and B12
A Liver Detox Recipe and Plan
FIRST magazine, Jan.14, 2008.:
The first day (out of the three day diet plan) consists of drinking juices to detox the liver, hence your body. This special detox diet claims that people have lost up to nine pounds of body fat. Well, I don’t believe that. Yet, I like the recipes. Compared to Dr. Rau’s detox diet soup, I prefer to fast on fruit juices. I am also planning to share more details about other detox diets floating about, so be sure to check my newer posts.
Have you ever tried the diet detox recipes described here, or have any other you would like to comment on? Please use the form below to share with us…
- 8 oz all natural cranberry juice
- 56 oz pure water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger and nutmeg
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemmon juice
- SteviaPlus natural sweetener
- Ground flax seed (store in freezer)
Bring the mixture of water and cranberry juice to a soft boil. Combine cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg into a tea ball and steep it in the mixture for 15 minutes. Let it cool, then add orange and lemon juice to the mix. Add SteviaPlus for taste.
Day One of The Liver Cleanse Plan
- For breakfast pour a glas of the juice. Stir in 2 Tbs. of flax seed
- One hour later drink 8 oz. water
- Keep alternating juice and water for the next 12 hours without the flax seed
- Add the flax seed again to your final cup of juice before bed time
Get Day 2 and Day 3 meal plans – Click here - Bon Voyage and good appetite.