A Weight Loss Plan, Deeply Tied To French Tradition
If you’ve tried the Leek Broth Recipe 2 DAY CLEANSE, then you’d probably want to know what else Mireille Guiliano in her book “Why French Women Don’t Get Fat” has in mind for you to lose the unwanted fat that’s distorting your body as well as threatens your overall health, vitality and strength. It’s a weight loss plan that’s deeply tied in with French tradition, but unlike most other weight loss plans, Mireille doesn’t tell you What You Should Eat, but rather HOW You Should Eat and Choose Your Foods to lose pounds gently and then keep them off for life.
Tradition And Setting The Table
First, we should know that these days for families setting a table is not as common a tradition as we might remember. But this very act alone slows down time, makes us think about the food we eat and inspires home cooking. We learn about the fruit and vegetables that are in season and also how to prepare them in many delicious ways.
Now lets slim down and lose the body fat fast. Within the next two weeks, after finding and eliminating OFFENDER Foods, you should see the pounds drop when using Mireille’s suggestions:
Make your Food Diary: Jot down the foods that you’re eating each day for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Find your culprits, or your OFFENDER FOODS by writing down every item you eat throughout the day, when you eat and how much of each. Be specific.
- One to two weeks later evaluate your list. If you find that you went through the Fast Food drive on your lunch hour each day, or have purchased the Coffee Latte with triple sugar for breakfast each morning, you’d probably recognize that these are your OFFENDER FOODS. Moreover, it’s the source of empty calories that’s distorting your body.
- Now that you know your OFFENDER FOODS, like the double burger EATEN for lunch every day, you should now prepare your own lunch, like my favorite right now, mixed green leafs, nuts, tuna, avocado or ham. Sprinkle on a little Olive Oil Vinaigrette for taste… I am sure you can think of something on your own that is healthier then your usual choices, but will still tickle your taste buds.
Before starting on your devised meal plan, try the two day cleanse first.
Further on, Mireille writes about French culture and tradition and how to achieve a slim body by incorporating some of their habits into our own, fast paced culture.
- Shop for the day rather than stock the refrigerator for a week.
- Explore the produce section every day. Take note of the fruit and vegetables in season. Enjoy it, even when it’s winter and you are stuck in your local supermarket. When you have a chance choose the farmers market on route home from work while sniffing the air to start or end a summer’s day. Strike up a conversation. You’d be surprised what you can learn about your local potatoes.
- Prepare meals yourself and set a nice table for you and your family to appreciate the food.
Interesting enough, the French serve lot’s of different foods. For example, instead of just serving MAC and CHEESE and Tuna in one dish you could serve it like this:
Serve Hot Mac and Cheese with following dishes:
- Sauteed greens, such as broccoli, or spinach, kale, and chard, a dish with cut tomatoes, or tomato ragout.
- Don’t forget ketchup, garlic or chili flakes, freshly ground pepper.
- Serve a Salad with apple matchsticks, toasted pecans, and cranberries, all wonderfully complementing the cheese flavors. Also serve green salad and fresh sliced tomatoes. Offer Kalamata olives and pickled onions
- Place red or green grapes on the table. Or any other fruit that’s in season
Offer different choices of meat for Mac And Cheese:
- BBQ pork ribs, Tuna, cooked Ham, or Bacon Bits.
- Use smooth-melting cheese like Cheddar, Monterey jack, Havarti, Colby, Swiss, Muenster, Fontina, Gruyere, Brie, or Blue Cheese.
- Stir in cream cheese for a creamier texture.
- tea, mint tea, water with lemon juice, red and white wine
Looking at these suggestions on serving Mac and Cheese, you might be wondering:
Answer: The French never eat an entire bowl or plate loaded with Mac and Cheese or any other kind of food. They try a little of everything. They love variety, naturally.
If you don’t like to put yourself on a strict diet plan to lose unwanted body fat, you could try eating like the French do. Have your carbohydrates, but watch your portion sizes, serve variety, be creative and make new, one of a kind, dishes with left overs. Think about how you want start your day and end it. Have fun, take the stairs…walk or take the bike to work if possible… etc.
Here you have it. A common American Comfort Food made French, just by browsing the web…:)