Delicious Green Vegetable Smoothie Recipe
Here’s the recipe for the green detox smoothie featured on ABC News this morning. It’s supposed to be especially good for cleansing the liver, while the cilantro in particular is thought to help draw heavy metals out of the body. With all the fresh raw fruit and vegetables, this detox smoothie is loaded with vitamins, phytonutrients (such as chlorophyll) and fiber. It’s also very easy to make since all you’ll need is a blender. Drink one large glass every morning as an everyday cleanse for the body, or as part of a healthy juicing diet.
Green Smoothie Detox Recipe (makes 2 servings):
*Remember to choose organic vegetables and fruits, especially when doing a liver cleanse or detoxification.
- 1 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped (may substitute any leafy green vegetable you have on hand)
- 3 large stalks of celery
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro (may double the parsley if you don’t like cilantro)
- 1/3 bunch of parsley
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- Combine water and romaine lettuce in blender, and blend on low speed until smooth.
- Add celery, apples, and herbs, while gradually moving to higher speed.
- Add banana and lemon last and blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour into tall glass and enjoy.
For the original detox recipe feature: Watch ABC News
|Note: One of the oldest liver cleanse diets is the lemon and cayenne pepper master cleanse detox. It’s a wonderful plan (really , but extremely difficult to stick with. The following information can help you succeed when using this plan:mastercleanse detox plan|