Eating And Exercise Plan For “Choose To Lose” By Chris Powell Part 2
The 7 Day Carb Cycle Solution Eating Plan:
And you can have your carbs too!
The eating plan itself is pretty moderate. He’s not asking you to give up any favorite foods and he doesn’t tell you to stay away from carbs. He asks you to eat a balanced diet with high carb days and low carb days to help keep your body from holding onto fat.
The ability to have a free day or choose free meals on different days is also very valuable. Many people fall off the wagon because they feel they can’t eat what they want.
But with this program, if you need to wait a day you can always have what you want the next day. That keeps you from feeling deprived and allows you to keep going with the program while seeing the results.
We recommend: Just another fat loss solution?
And What About Exercise?
The exercise portion of the program is also balanced and moderate. You’ll work out most days of the week following routines that he has provided you. You can mix and match them to make it work for you.
People who have purchased this book and followed along with the program describe it as easy to adhere to, had great weight loss, and reportedly kept the weight off because they could still enjoy the foods they wanted within the diet guidelines.
What May Not Work for You
The science in this book is up to date with what we currently know about eating carbohydrates and building lean muscle mass. There’s nothing out of the ordinary or radical about it – other than how simple it is.
However, some people who have purchased the book report feeling confused about how to get started with the carb cycling. Switching gears so often can be a little bit difficult until you get used to it.
The other complaint is that the book doesn’t have an index like most diet and nonfiction books. This can make it tough if you just want to go back to a specific point for information.
However, this plan is pretty flexible and allows you to have most of the foods you want. And most people who have read the book and tried the program are happy with their choice to do so.
Tools to Help You Succeed:
- Choose to Lose includes several tools to help you get started with your weight loss. First, it offers a workbook style in the beginning where you can interact with the book. You can record personal information and you can set goals.
- He includes a master grocery list of items that you should have on hand to help you get started. This is a great tool to copy and take with you to the store. He also has some helpful charts to help you get your plan organized.
- When it comes to the exercises, you’ll find the section is easy to follow. It includes photos of Powell performing the exercises so that you can make sure to follow the appropriate form. He even shares pictures of what “not” to do.
- Chapter 15 is particularly helpful for following the plan. It’s a list of foods and recipes. It also includes a helpful tool for determining portion sizes of foods for each meal. You’ll get a better understanding of how much food you should be eating daily.
- There’s also a sample chart of carb cycling days you could copy and place on the refrigerator to help you stick to the right schedule. There are actually 12 weeks’ worth of schedules so you can stay on track for the long haul.
- In the appendix, you’ll also find a chart of healthy BMI so that you can determine the range of a healthy goal weight for you. There’s also a chart of obesity rates in the US for comparing which states have the greatest problem.
- Sprinkled throughout the book are success stories of Powell’s clients who lost weight and developed an ongoing personal fitness practice. Their stories can help motivate you to keep working on your own success.